With Genially, you can embed or integrate videos stored in Google Drive. That way, the person viewing them can see the videos in the genially itself without needing to open a new browser tab.
In this tutorial, we explain how to embed or insert a video that's stored in Google Drive in your genially:
- How to copy the code of a video saved in Google Drive
- How to insert a video in the canvas
- How to insert a video in a pop-up window
How to copy the code of a video saved in Google Drive
To be able to insert a video stored in Google Drive in genially, the first thing you have to do is get the code associated with that file. It's easy to get. Just follow these steps:
1. Start session in Google Drive.
2. Upload your video to Google Drive.
3. Right click on the video (the file) and choose the option Share.
4. In the window that appears, click on Advanced.
5. Once the sharing options are unfolded, click on Change.
6. Select the level of privacy you want.
7. Save changes.
8. Click on Done to close the pop-up window and return to the preview of the files.
9. Right click on the video and choose Preview.
10. On the page that appears, open the menu in the upper right-hand corner and select Open in a new window.
11. In the new tab that's opened, unfold the menu in the upper right-hand corner again.
12. Choose the option Embed item.
13. Select and Copy the generated code using the key options ctrl+C or cmd+C.
How to insert a video in the canvas
Once you have the video code (explained in the previous step), you'll be able to embed the video in the canvas of your genially by following these steps:
1. In the Editor open the Embed tab.
2. Paste the code of the video from Google Drive (obtained in the previous step) and click on accept .
3. Modify the dimensions and position of the video until it as you want it.
How to insert a video in a pop-up window
Once you have the code of the video (explained in the first part of this article), you'll be able to embed the video in a pop-up window of your genially. This way, your audience will only see the video when you (or they) click on a particular element. To do this:
1. Open the interactivity window of the element you wish to make clickable as a button.
2. Choose Window.
3. Select the html tab .
4. Paste the code of the video saved in Google Drive that was obtained in the first part of this article.
5. If you wish to preview the video, you can click on the html tab again.