Have you ever needed to link a survey or form to your genially?
Did you know that you can put that form directly in your genially so that your audience can answer right there, without needing to open another web page? This increases response rate!
Try it yourself! Fill out this form that's inserted into a genially:
In this article, we'll look at:
- How to create a form with Google Forms
- How to insert a Google Forms document into the Genially canvas
- How to insert a document from Google Forms into a window in Genially
How to create a form with Google Forms
1. Go to Google Forms and start a session. If you don't have a gmail account, you'll need to create one beforehand.
2. In the main panel, choose a template or start creating a new form.
3. Edit the fields in the form according to what kind of survey you want to carry out.
4. Once finished click on the Send button and choose the send option. Now you'll be able to choose if you want to send it via email, copy the link, or obtain the code. To insert the form into Genially, we're going to work with the code, which we'll explain later in this article.
It's possible to look at the responses obtained in the Responses section of the Google Forms document.
In this video, you'll be able to see the entire process:
How to insert a Google Forms document into the Genially canvas
Inserting the form into the Genially canvas is really easy:
1. Select the document in Google Forms that you want to insert in Genially.
2. Click on Send .
3. Choose the HTML option, and copy the code that appears below Insert HTML. The code has the following structure: <iframe...>
4. In the Genially Editor, paste the code in the Embed tab and adjust its position and size to be as you need.
This way, your audience will be able to fill out the form directly within the genially.
In this video, you'll be able to see the whole process:
How to insert a document from Google Forms into a window in Genially
You can also insert a Google Forms document into a window so that the window opens when a given element of your genially is clicked on. This way, your audience will be able to fill out your form directly in the window without needing to open a new web page.
1. Open the interactivity tab of the element you wish to make clickable. In other words, when a viewer clicks on that element, the window that contains the form will open.
2. Select the Window tab.
3. Click on the option html .
4. Paste the code you copied before from Google Forms.
5. If you wish to preview the graphic, you can do so by clicking on the html tab once again.