Want your audience to be able to download the genially you sent out?
In this article, we'll explain how you can let your audience download your genially (or any information). This function is frequently used for company dossiers, training materials, and business proposals, among other things.
Before you begin, try it yourself... download this genially.
To achieve this result, you just need to follow these steps:
Get the .pdf version of your genially
Currently, it's possible to download geniallys from the main panel. The steps to download are:
1. Go to the main panel of your account, where you'll be able to find all of your creations.
2. Pass the mouse over the genially you want to download.
3. Select the option Download.
4. A window will open with options for downloading in the 3 available formats: .jpg, .pdf and html5. Click on for the desired format.
5. The file will download, and you'll be able to find it in the folder where you store your downloads on your computer.
Copy the .pdf's code
To embed a .pdf file in genially, the file must be in the cloud. In the case that it is, we'll explain how to proceed if the genially is saved in Google Drive:
1. Start session in Google Drive.
2. Save your PDF file in Google Drive.
3. Right click on the PDF and choose the option Share.
4. In the window that appears, click on Advanced.
5. Once you've unfolded the settings options for sharing, click on Change.
6. Select the privacy level desired.
7. Save changes and click on Done.
8. Right click on the PDF and choose Preview.
9. Or unfold the menu in the upper right hand corner and select Open in a new window.
10. In the new tab that's opened, unfold the menu in the upper right hand corner again.
11. Choose the option Insert element.
12. Copy the code that's generated.
Insert the .pdf into a window
When you embed a PDF inside a window, the .pdf will open in a window when the button is clicked on. To make this happen:
1. Open the interactivity window of the element that you want to make clickable like a button.
2. Select the type of interactivity Window.
3. Select the tab .html .
4. Paste the code of the PDF saved in Google Drive.
5. If you want to preview the PDF, you can go back and click on the html tab.